The days continue to get longer and warmer and for many of us, Memorial Day Weekend is our first real taste of summer. Grilling outdoors is a great way to enjoy delicious food with your favorite craft beer, especially when the beer is part of the recipe. We teamed up with local Chef Kenneth Hernandez, who created some tasty recipes that do just that.
The first of Chef Hernandez’ culinary creations was a potato salad made with Anchor Summer Wheat, which pairs perfectly with this recipe for Anchor California Lager Kebabs, and of course, a cold Anchor California Lager!
Anchor California Lager Chicken Kebabs
Chicken Marinade: ¼ cup chopped parsley, mint, cilantro, basil; salt, pepper, lemon juice, red chili flakes to taste; dash of grape seed oil and 24 oz. Anchor California Lager®.
3 lbs. of boneless organic chicken breast
1 lbs. red bell pepper, cut into 1 inch square pieces
1 lb. red onion, cut into 1 inch square pieces
1 lb. wild mushroom or crimini mushroom, cut into 1 inch square pieces
10 10-inch wood skewers (soak in cold water for up to an hour)
1) Combine all ingredients for marinade in a large bowl, whisk until emulsified
2) Cut chicken breast into medium size squares. Add to marinade and let sit for 2 hours (8 hours maximum)
3) Pre-heat grill or oven at 375 degrees
4) Wrap foil around bottom of skewers up to 4 inches (this will prevent skewers from breaking apart on grill)
5) Skewer vegetables and meat in desired order (red pepper, chicken, red onion, chicken, mushroom, chicken, red pepper)
6) Grill skewers on each side until cooked (internal temperature for chicken should be 165 degrees)
Firing up the grill for some tasty kebabs this weekend? Use your Beer Finder to search for Anchor California Lager in your neighborhood.