Summer is setting in as the days continually get longer and warmer. Seasonal fruit becomes available from stone fruit to strawberries. And what goes better with a warm summer day than Anchor’s Mango Wheat? To celebrate the changing of the seasons, we partnered with Chef Ken Hernandez once again to bring you a delicious Cooking with Craft Beer recipe, this time featuring Anchor’s Mango Wheat.
Anchor Mango Peach Galette
Yield: 1 Galette, 8 Servings
1 large mango, peeled and sliced thin
1 cup peach, sliced thin
1 cup strawberry, sliced thin
2 cups (16 oz.) Anchor’s Mango Wheat
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
dash of salt
1 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
½ cup of almond flour
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup of butter, cubed
¼ cup (2 oz.) Anchor’s Mango Wheat (ice cold)
Garnish: Mint and granulated sugar
- Mix mango and peach together in a large bowl. Add Anchor’s Mango Wheat, vanilla and sugar. Stir and set aside.
- Whisk together all-purpose flour, almond flour, and salt in a bowl. Add the butter, creaming it into the flour mixture with a pastry blender or for until the dough starts to form. (You can do this in a food processor by pulsing the mixture until blended). Add cold Anchor’s Mango Wheat and blend until the mixture is moist and emulsified. Feel free to add a bit more liquid if the dough is too dry. Once the dough is evenly mixed, roll into a ball and wrap in parchment paper or plastic wrap. Refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and cover with a thin layer of butter. Lightly flour surface and roll out a 12-inch round with dough.
- Separate the fruit mixture from the liquid and add the strawberries. Stir until blended. Spoon the fruit mixture on to the dough round, starting from the center and moving out, leaving a 2-inch outside border. Fold edges towards the center of the round.
- Beat egg in small bowl and brush a thin layer of egg wash on the folded dough crust. Sprinkle granulated sugar on the crust as well. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish with mint. Enjoy!
To locate Anchor’s Mango Wheat nearby, use our Beer Finder.