The weather is getting warmer and it’s time to roll out the grill after its winter hibernation. We’ve teamed up with San Francisco-based Chef Kenneth Hernandez to create this delicious recipe for jalapeno blackberry wings made with our Go West! IPA. Trust us, you’ll want to give these a try. Plus these wings pair great with the Liberty Ale Cold Wild Rice that Chef Hernandez also created.
Whip up a double batch, throw some Anchor brews on ice and get your friends together. Raise Your Anchor and cheers to sunny days and good times!
Grilled Go West! IPA Jalapeno Blackberry Wings
Yield: 6 Servings
4 pounds chicken wings
2 12 oz. bottles Go West! IPA
1 cup blackberries
½ cup fresh sage, finely chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1 teaspoon paprika
2 tablespoons kosher salt
Dash of crushed red pepper flakes
Celery and carrots for garnish
- Remove seeds and stem from jalapeno, puree with blackberries
- In a large bowl, whisk together the jalapeno-blackberry mixture, Go West! IPA, herbs, spices, and salt until emulsified. Add wings, stir, and cover with plastic wrap. Marinate for 6 to 8 hours.
- Drain marinade from wings but set liquid aside and save. Pat wings dry with a paper towel.
- Cooking Options:
– Grilling: Set your grill to 375 degrees. Place wings directly on the grate and cook for 30 minutes. As grill temps may vary, poke with a fork to check that they’re cooked through. Pro Tip: brush glaze on wings during the cooking process. It will add more robust flavor!
– Baking: Set your oven to 375 degrees. Place wings on a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Cook for 30 minutes. As oven temps may vary, poke with a fork to check that they’re cooked through.
Serve hot with celery and carrot sticks, paired with Go West! IPA.
Photography by Joseph Phillips: www.josephmichaelphillips.com.
Use our handy beer finder to locate our brews near you: anchorbrewing.com/beerfinder